Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 6 - What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of constructing this product?





I am already rather familiar with the use of Photoshop, although I did learn some things on the way; one of the main things I learnt during the duration of my magazine creation was to make an image more vivid through the use of Layer Styles. By duplicating a layer twice and giving each of the duplicates a different property, for example 'Hard Light', this led to the alteration of my double page spread image, allowing for the colours to stand out a lot more clearly.

Relying on natural and synthetic light while taking photos is not one of my strong points, as I am not perfect with the format of taking pictures in a studio. I have never had a strong sense of being able to tell what lens or settings to use while taking a photograph outside, and within a studio the same problems apply; I tried to overlook these by creating the best lighting situation I could, giving me a lot of space to work on editing the photo in Photoshop.

For my double page spread, I did have a temptation to use a different program other than Photoshop, but decided in the end to stick with what I knew and create something that could easily be created in the program that I knew well.

No comments:

Post a Comment