Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 7 - Looking back at your preliminary task (the continuity editing task), what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

My Prelim task focused on a school magazine; I used a stock photo background and a dark image that was not taken in the best of conditions. I used an outer glow on the image to make the model seem as if he was actually in the background and not just added on. I already had some knowledge of the programs I was going to use, although I did gain some knowledge throughout the production. I that my biggest downfall was my positioning; I struggled deciding where I would position each of the components of my design work, although this did improve throughout the production of my magazine.

My confidence has improved a lot when it comes to my design work, with the ability to pick colour schemes, to the ability to pick fonts. A big problem I had when making my magazine was deciding what fonts to use, I used references to other magazines and picked fonts that used the same spacing, although had a different style allowing me to have a reference and make progress.

Target Audience changed a lot through the development of my work; for my prelim my Audience revolved around school teenagers aged 15-19 of both genders, whilst my current age group revolves around males aged 16-24. The changes to my Target Audience caused my language to change when addressing my audience as well as the images I used and lighting alterations.Trying to find an appropriate target audience was rather easy as the magazines that my magazine was based around already have the same audience

No comments:

Post a Comment