Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 2 - How does your media product represent particular social groups?


My Magazine is mainly focused around Rock and Pop Punk, and I felt that Richard (My Model) represented this well. I found another artist of a similar genre and compared both them and my model to see the similarities and it can obviously be seen the aspects they share. Both have a similar haircut, except my model's hair is in fact straightened, although natural wavier. The long unstyled haircut is very popular amongst my genre as the form usually wants to go against what society wants; this can also be seen by looking at the clothes that my genre wears. The social group that relates to this is the young teenagers around 17 years old; the reason for this is because this is the generally the fan base that this music style produces amongst the masses. My Target Audience mostly relies around Males due to the nature of the music, although this genre can attract some Female audience.

My model is wearing smart clothes, which someone challenges the style of rock due to the reasons stated before; I decided the clothing my model would wear would be this because I felt it let him stand out amongst the other magazine models of whom are generally wearing their own casual clothing. Both my model and the artist I found are playing an instrument, although one is a bass and one is a guitar. The age of the two examples is not really the same, although we can say that they are definitely of the same ethnicity and possibly have the same height, hopefully making them quite similar. Both of the pictures have very similar expressions, connoting that they display the same mood while performing live.

No comments:

Post a Comment